Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas properties. The Company’s common stock trades on the NYSE American market under the symbol “NOG”. The Company’s primary strategy is investing in non-operated, minority working and mineral interests in oil and gas properties in the United States. With the active management of our portfolio, we have driven substantial production and cash flow growth, and our long-term plan remains unchanged: building a diversified, low-leverage entity with the ability to deliver substantial cash returns. The opportunity set for value creation in front of us is stronger than ever, and we are looking for a Reservoir Engineering Technician to join the team to help with this growth agenda.
The Reservoir Engineering Technician will report to the Executive Vice President & Chief Engineer. This position will provide technical assistance to the company’s engineering and business development teams. Qualified candidates should have experience in oil & gas reserve estimates using ARIES economics software.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and updating ARIES databases
- Setup and run economic cases – production, prices, expenses, investments, ownership, taxes and reserve projections.
- For acquisitions and engineering studies, gather data and input into ARIES
- Setup and update Excel spreadsheets with data and graphs
- Build high-level Presentations in PowerPoint
- Work with operators to insure all operational and production reports are received
- Proficient in ARIES, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Spotfire, SQL coding, database conversions and some GIS experience would also be highly desirable for this position but not necessary
- Third party evaluations experience would also be highly desirable
- Must have advanced knowledge of oil and gas terminology, data sources, and information types
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills
- Requires 5+ years of experience working as a Reservoir / Economics Engineering Technician within an upstream oil & gas company with a focus on domestic assets
The company is looking to fill this role immediately. The job will be office based at our headquarters located in Minnetonka, MN. Northern has an excellent benefits package including a 401k match, Long Term Incentive Plan, and medical/disability insurance. We aim to have an inviting and open atmosphere while offering an individual a dynamic and challenging career. Northern has a flat organizational structure and is built for those who have an interest in growing and expanding their role as the company grows. The ideal candidate would be self-aware and able to identify their own and the company’s weaknesses and have the motivation to right those weaknesses.Engineering Tech: Apply Now