Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas properties. The Company’s common stock trades on the NYSE American market under the symbol “NOG”. The Company’s primary strategy is investing in non-operated, minority working and mineral interests in oil and gas properties in the United States. With the active management of our portfolio, we have driven substantial production and cash flow growth, and our long-term plan remains unchanged: building a diversified, low-leverage entity with the ability to deliver substantial cash returns. The opportunity set for value creation in front of us is stronger than ever, and we are looking for a Land Technician to join the team to help with this growth agenda.
The Land Technician will report to the Vice President – Land Administration. This position will provide assistance to the company’s Land and Business Development teams. Qualified candidates should have experience in oil & gas Land management software (Quorum preferred).
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure pertinent lease and obligation information is timely and accurately entered into Quorum and linked properly to applicable wells and contracts
- Process and route AFE’s for internal approval
- Sort and scan files and mail
- Run quality control checks to maintain data integrity
- Process extension and other lease obligation payments
- Review and update records affected by well completions or status changes
- Route various documents for execution, handle County recordings, and provide recorded copies to third parties when required
- Research and process federal, state and other state agency reports or requests.
- Conduct research, coordinate special projects, and perform other duties as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Some GIS experience would also be highly desirable for this position but not necessary
- A general understanding of oil and gas production, daily operations
- Able to think independently and show initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and motivation to work with multiple departments in the organization
- Requires 2+ years of experience working as a Land Tech or Analyst within an upstream oil & gas company with a focus on domestic assets
The company is looking to fill this role immediately. The job will be office based at our headquarters located in Minnetonka, MN. Northern has an excellent benefits package including a 401k match, Long Term Incentive Plan, and medical/disability insurance. We aim to have an inviting and open atmosphere while offering an individual a dynamic and challenging career. Northern has a flat organizational structure and is built for those who have an interest in growing and expanding their role as the company grows. The ideal candidate would be self-aware and able to identify their own and the company’s weaknesses and have the motivation to right those weaknesses.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.